Dr. Hagit Peres
Instructor/lecturer (tenure position)
Field of expertise:
• Anthropology of welfare & medicine
• Cultural competence of human services
• intercultural experience in human organizations for human rights
• qualitative health research
Research in progress:
- Intercultural encounters between the Arab-Bedouins and social workers in south Israel in the context of social services
- Intercultural encounters in the context of perinatal health services in the context reducing the high rate infant mortality and morbidity among Arab-Bedouin population in the Negev.
- Developing culturally appropriate human services and organizations
- Peres H. 2008. "Making a Case for Cultural Competence: Arab-Bedouin Women in Inter-Cultural Encounters with Pre-natal Services". Journal of Health Studies, 1: 68-75.
- Peres Hagit, Glazer Yael, Landau Daniella, Marks Kyla, Abokaf Hana'a, Belmaker Ilana, Cohen Arnon, Shoham-Vardi Ilana (2014). "Understanding utilization of outpatient clinics for children with special health care needs in Southern Israel", Maternal and Child Health Journal 18( 8): 1831-1845.
- Peres H. (2015). Landscapes of despair, islands of hope: social working in Arab-Bedouin unrecognized villages in the Negev. In: Fran Markowitz, Steven Sharrot and Moshe Soked (editors), Towards an Anthropology of Nation-Building and Unbuilding in Israel, University of Nebraska Press.
- Norm O’Rourke, Sarah Canham, Annette Wertman, Habib Chaudhury, , Sara Carmel, Yaacov G. Bachner, Hagit Peres (2016). "Holocaust Survivors’ Memories of Past Trauma and the Functions of Reminiscence", The Gerontologist (2016) 56 (4): 743-752 first published online February 11,2015. doi:10.1093/ geront/gnu168.
- Canham, Sarah; Peres, Hagit; O'Rourke, Norm; King, David; Wertman, Annette; Carmel, Sara; Bachner, Yaacov (2016). "Why do Holocaust Survivors Remember What They Remember?" The Gerontologist (accepted for publication on june 15, 2016).
- פרסומים לא שפיטים:
- Shoham-Vardi, I. H. Peres, A. Mishori-Deri, R. Razon, A, Athamny 2011. Negev-Bedouin Child Health, Submitted to the Bernard Van Leer Foundation.
- Shoham-Vardi, I., and H. Peres 2011. Patterns of using of perinatal health services among Arab-Bedouin families with babies requiring special care (A continuation study) – final report submitted to the National institute for Health Research and Health Policy.
- Shoham-Vardi, I., and H.Peres. 2010. Patterns of using of perinatal health services among Arab-Bedouin families with babies requiring special care (A continuation study) – final report submitted to the National institute for Health Research and Health Policy.
- Shoham-Vardi I, and H. Peres 2007. A five year Program for Reducing the Infant Mortality Rate among the Arab-Bedouin Population in the Negev, Submitted to Yad Hanadiv Foundation.
- H. Peres, and Shoham-Vardi I 2006. Planning program for decreasing infant mortality in the Negev. Submitted to Yad Hanadiv (in Hebrew).