Dr. Mordechai Chaziza
Phone:+972-50 6874 452
Senior Lecturer in the Department of Politics and Government and the division of Multidisciplinary Studies in Social Science
Field of expertise:
International Relations, Political Science, China, Middle East and Persian Gulf.
Major Publications :
1.Mordechai Chaziza (2020/1). China and the Middle East: Belt and Road Strategy and Diplomatic Partnership. Great Britain: Sussex Academic Press (forthcoming 2020/1).
2.Mordechai Chaziza, China's Relationship with Egypt and Oman: A Strategic Framework for the Implementation of China's Maritime Silk Road Implementation. In Michael Clarke, Matthew Sussex and Nick Bisley (eds.) The Belt and Road Initiative and the Future of Regional Order in the Indo-Pacific (pp. 141-157). London: Lexington Books
3. Mordechai Chaziza, China and the Persian Gulf: The New Silk Road Strategy and Emerging Partnerships. Great Britain: Sussex Academic Press, 2020.
4. Mordechai Chaziza, "Tourism as a Stealth Weapon," Middle East Quarterly 26/4, (2019), pp.1-8.
5. Mordechai Chaziza, "China’s Economic Diplomacy Approach in the Middle East Conflicts," China Report 55/1, (2019), pp. 24-39.
6. Mordechai Chaziza, Six Years After the Arab Spring: China Foreign Policy in the Middle East-North Africa. In: Çakmak, C. and Özçelik, A. O. (eds.) The World Community and Arab Spring (pp.185-204). Palgrave Macmillan, Cham, 2019.
7. Mordechai Chaziza, "The Significant Role of Oman in China’s Maritime Silk Road Initiative," Contemporary Review of the Middle East, 6/1, (2018), pp. 1-14.
8. Mordechai Chaziza, China's Counter-Terrorism Policy in the Middle East. In: Clarke M. (ed.) Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism in China: Domestic and Foreign Policy Dimensions (pp. 141-156). New York: Oxford University Press, 2018.
9. Mordechai Chaziza, "China's Military Base in Djibouti," Mideast Security and Policy Studies, No. 153, The Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies Bar-Ilan University, (2018), pp. 1-28.
10. Mordechai Chaziza, "China’s Peace-Maker Role in Afghanistan: Mediation and Conflict Management," Middle East Policy, XXV/3, (2018), pp.143-154.
11. Mordechai Chaziza, The Chinese Maritime Silk Road Initiative: The Role of the Mediterranean," Mediterranean Quarterly, 29/2, (2018), pp. 54-69.
12. Mordechai Chaziza, "China’s Mediation Efforts in the Middle East and North Africa: Constructive Conflict Management," Strategic Analysis, 42/ 1, (2018), pp. 29-41.
13. Mordechai Chaziza, "Israel-China Relations Enter a New Stage: Limited Strategic Hedging," Contemporary Review of the Middle East, 5/1, (2018), pp. 30-45.